Arnaldo Pomodoro Sculpture Prize
One of the aims of the Foundation is to support the research of young sculptors "who intend to perfect and extend the experimental aspects of new work regarding expressive or intellectual languages" through the establishment of a Prize.
Created in 2006 and now in its sixth edition, the Arnaldo Pomodoro Sculpture Prize, is among the few - in Italy and abroad - specifically dedicated to sculpture. It awards € 10,000.00 to an artist between the age of 25 and 45 whose personal research reflects on the idea and on the practice of making sculpture today, offering a significant contribution to the current development of sculpture.
The winning artist will be chosen by an international Selection Committee, chaired by Arnaldo Pomodoro and composed by a group of international critics and curators, a true witness of current artistic research in the field of contemporary sculpture.
The awarding of the Prize is not bound to the use of specific materials or techniques, rather it promotes and favors the free experimentation of sculptural practice and the exploration of its fundamental concepts, considered a novel, original, theoretical and concrete reflection on relationships between the disciplines of art, design, architecture, design and urban planning.
6th edition - 2021
The members of the Committee, which will act as a true testimonial of the artistic research in the field of contemporary sculpture, will be presented to the public during the next edition of miart (April 17 - 19, 2020), in a talk entitled What is sculpture today? organized for the fair by the Foundation..
Save the date
- miart 2020, presentation talk of the members of the Selection Committee
- Spring 2002 - Spring 2021, selection process
- miart 2021, announcement of the winner
- Fall 2021, exhibition of the winner at GAM - Galleria d'Arte Moderna di Milano
Past Edition Winners
- Claire Morgan (2006) - download the press release of the 1st edition
- Laura Renna (2008) - download the press release of the 2nd edition
- Loris Cecchini (2014) - download the press release of the 3rd edition
- Antonella Zazzera (2016) - download the press release of the 4th edition
- Aleksandra Domanović (2019) - download the press kit of the 5th edition